[pct-l] Black Diamond HiLight Tent

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Mon Mar 12 15:45:50 CDT 2007

_gottawalk at pacbell.net_ (mailto:gottawalk at pacbell.net)   writes:

......  and are now going lighter with the HiLight. Actually, we would like a
version  with two
side (not end) doors.
---------------------------------
I agree that the HiLight is a great  tent, except for not having two doors.

I have always felt the two door  Ahwahnee tent was fantastic, except for the
tent weight.  I remember years  ago seeing an Ahwahnee at Wilson Sports in
Bishop, CA.  It was really a  great looking tent.  It is one of those shelters
that you feel you could  hike forever with and be happy.  Not many of those
around.  I get all  mushy when I talk about the Ahwahnee.

Of course, I would want an all netting 360 degree view version of it and at
a super cuben light weight.  :-)

Switchback, the Dandy Camper
PS: My Bionic Hydration Integration supplies have arrived and I will soon  be
in the experimentation phase.  This will all be color coordinated with  my
new 2007 hiking ensemble.  This is so I will look very sharp out on the  trail,
while I limp along.

PSS: I sent MSR an email saying  they needed to make the solo Hubba tent
under 2 pounds with cuben fabric and  titanium.  I said they could take over the
tent market.  They replied  they liked my idea and would look into it.  I
cannot imagine they would  actually do this.  The costs would be too high.  I was
just harassing  them for fun.  You know like I do you.
http://www.aol.com.