[pct-l] questions for couples

Amanda Tyson amandartyson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 12:22:38 CDT 2007

Looking for advice from any couples out there who have hiked the PCT.
Here are our questions:
1. What size bear can should we carry? How did you deal with longer
stretches like the High Sierra?
2. We're planning to use a Whisperlite. Any thoughts on that? For
anyone who has used one, were you able to buy fuel at most stops? If
not, what did you do where you couldn't buy it? (Or what's the longest
you had to go between stops where they had fuel?)
3. Any ideas for ways that a couple could cut down on weight with
sleeping bag(s)? We've heard of folks sharing a bag or
quilt-contraption but are curious to hear more about what's worked for
you & how much weight/space we could really save.
4. Any recommendations (or bad reviews) for a 2-person tent? We're
thinking about Six Moon Designs or equivalent, open to suggestions.

And for anyone: reviews on Gregory packs?

Thanks!

Oats & Amanda (no trail name yet)