[pct-l] PCT resupply

Slyatpct at aol.com Slyatpct at aol.com
Sat Mar 10 11:35:33 CST 2007

In a message dated 3/10/2007 3:36:58 AM Eastern Standard Time,
dusterbuddy at comcast.net writes:

Still  Roaming-
Thanks so much! This site looks great!
Kim

On some trails 150 miles or more between resupplies are a fact of life, but
they don't always have to be.   Three areas on the PCT I recall would  be
Mojave to Kennedy Meadows, KM to VVR and Cascades Locks to White Pass.

>From Mojave to KM.  Although Onyx (PO, small store) at one time was
described as a "hard hitch" I found it the easiest on the trail, with being  picked up
1st car each way.  At the time they also had a $1 bus from Onyx  to Isabella.

>From KM to VVR, I resupplied twice, 1st at the Horseshoe Meadows campground
(hitch to Lone Pine) where I had friends waiting, and the hike over Kearsarge
Pass to Onion Valley  (incredibly scenic) where we immediately got a ride  to
Independence (PO, store?)  by asking.  Others consider this section  without
resupply their best experience on the trail.  YMMV.

>From Cascade Locks to White Pass also offers two options.  The  1st is
Stabler Country store which holds packages and Trout Lake which  is a great little
trail town, small store (limited resupply)    motel, restaurant, PO and
laundry..  The only drawback of the latter  is a 15 mile hitch on a lightly used
road.  However, it does get traffic  and the people that travel it will most ikely
give you a ride.

Sly
http://www.aol.com.