[pct-l] Whitewater Canyon (So Calif) Closure Postponed

Craig Milo Rogers rogers at isi.edu
Wed Jun 27 23:11:52 CDT 2007

	A week ago, the Riverside County Fire Chief proposed closing
certain hiking areas, including Whitewater Canyon and parts of San
Jacinto, due to excessively high fire hazards.  The duration of the
closure is open, but is likely to last until the next substantial
rains, e.g., late fall or winter.  Assuming we get substantial rains.
We didn't get much this past winter, hence the closures.

http://www.pe.com/localnews/environment/stories/PE_News_Local_H_close22.3e99632.html

	This week, the Riverside County Fire Chief agreed to postpone
the closure of Whitewater Canyon.  The following areas were closed by
the Riverside County Board of Supervisors:

Nuevo/Lakeview (east of Menifee Road and San Jacinto Avenue);

Minto (Sage);

Avery Canyon (Gibbel Road east of State Street in Hemet);

North Mountain and Indian Canyon (San Jacinto);

Reinhardt Canyon (north of Highway74 and California Avenue near Hemet); and

Ramona Bowl and Bautista Canyon (southeastern Hemet).

http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stories/PE_News_Local_R_ractbox27.429adde.html

					Craig "Computer" Rogers