[pct-l] Poison Ivy, Now With Stronger Poison - The Lede - Breaking News - New York Times Blog

Jon Danniken danniken at comcast.net
Wed Jun 27 22:00:53 CDT 2007

"Junaid Dawud" wrote:

> Jon,
>
> First: I'm curious what it will take for you to
> realize the truth of Global Warming?

About the same as it will take for me to realize the truth about Jehovah
from a Jehovah's Witness.

> The Scientific
> consensus is probably stronger than for almost any
> other scientific issue around past or present, and
> more evidence is found almost daily

Um, no, there is no consensus.  Human caused global warming is a theory, and
a contentious one at that.

> Do you happen to
> own shares in an oil company, or work for a company
> with a similar agenda?   Seriously, what is your
> motivation for such a strong anti-truth-of-global
> warming position?

No, I just know what it looks like what people act like when they are
falling for a scam, whether it is "Global Warming" or Scientology.

To be honest though, the phenomenon is entirely predictable, given the
despair Global Warming believers felt in late 2000 as a result of Al Gore
losing the election.  It is only natural that they would fall back on and
further encourage their belief in Global Warming as a coping mechanism to
deal with their incalculable sense of being powerless over the world.

Jon