[pct-l] Fires.

Junaid Dawud jdawud at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 00:47:12 CDT 2007

Hey Tortoise,

Yes, to be sure fire suppression is a major
contributing factor to large destructive fires.
Indeed, fire is quite natural (necessary for some
trees to reproduce), and hikers do need to realize
that these things happen.  I just wanted to point out
another GW-PCT connection.

This kind of reminds me of something I said to a
friend once:  "You know if you build a bunch of
houses, farms and cities around the base of a
stratovolcano, some times you die a little."

Luckily I haven't heard of any fatalities yet, (though
I did just drag my self out of bed a short while ago
at 2:30 pm Guam time, so there could certainly be new
developments.)

-----------Speshul41