[pct-l] CDT Documentary

Lawton Grinter lawtong at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 20 00:09:58 CDT 2007

PCTL-ers,

I know that some of you have hiked the PCT before and are interested in the
CDT and I also know that there is a lot less info out there about the CDT
than the PCT.  I hiked the PCT in 2004 and got the itch to hike a long trail
again pretty quickly afterwards.  Last Summer in 2006 I hiked the CDT
southbound with my girlfriend P.O.D. and a number of other PCT alumni.
During the course of our 145-day hike I shot 20 hours of footage and have
condensed it down into a 75-minute documentary entitled “The Walkumentary.”
The film is free and ordering info is here:

http://walkumentary.blogspot.com/

I put a full-length trailer on YouTube here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG3l5fGmidM

One of my goals with this film was to kind of unravel the mystery that is
the CDT.  I think that video footage goes a long way, even moreso that a
trailjournal or slideshow, in showing a hiker what the CDT looks like,
sounds like and feels like. Hopefully I captured this in The Walkumentary.

Best, Disco

lawton grinter
PO Box 941
Crested Butte, CO  81224