[pct-l] Chester, Hwy 39, Burney Falls, Lassen NP...and points north

JoAnn M. Michael jomike at cot.net
Mon Jun 18 13:26:38 CDT 2007

We must have just missed each other.

I caught up with Jo, Geolyn (two of the three gals who had quite an adventure last year being the first through very deep snow in section o) and Daniel at McArthur/Burney Falls Saturday evening where we stayed over night. There is a new large store, large clean showers and toilet, etc. They've been freshening up the park's people facilities.

The next day they parked their car right outside the park at the Hwy 89 TH and I took them to the Hwy. 36 TH (section n). As we drove through Lassen NP it was with great pride I was able to introduce all three of them to that lovely place in northern ca. The park looks grand and with a rather early season date, though there were certainly other people around, there were no crowds and virtually empty parking lots at misc.