[pct-l] pct-l Digest, Vol 44, Issue 13

LCGRCONRAD at aol.com LCGRCONRAD at aol.com
Thu Jun 14 17:44:45 CDT 2007

Just got back today from hiking Burney Falls to Castle Crags.  Lots of bear
poop on the trail.  Heard one bear at mile 1444 in the shrubs above the trail
just before you cross the ridge to the North East side and descend.  This is
just after Red Mountain.  Saw our first bear a very large brown bear at the top
of Tate Creek Road.  The second bear we seen was in Deer Creek Canyon after
Grizzly Peak.  He was a young black bear.  All water sources were good and a few
extra springs running also.  The trail was very good from Ash Creek to I5
someone has done some great trail work.  The trail needs some loving care between
Red Mountain and Tate Creek, very brushy.  Lots of poison oak.  Would be a
good idea to purchase some Poison Oak soap especially formulated to remove
poison oak oil from skin.  Going down to do Hwy 58 to Kelso Valley Rd next weekend
with my daughter.  Hope the water is still flowing in the two springs.
Sparrow.