[pct-l] dehydrating veggies

cmkudija at ca.rr.com cmkudija at ca.rr.com
Mon Jun 11 12:56:33 CDT 2007

Dehydrating frozen (pre-blanched) veggies works really well - corn,
pre-cooked lima beans/mixtures, asparagus -other veggie mixtures from Smart
& Final - just don't try to dehydrate large chunks (i.e. broccoli florets on
thick stems, etc).   I like the Gardenmaster dehydrator with multiple
trays - I started dehydrating food in December '93 for our '94 hike.

Try the book "Dry It, You'll Like It" - google or search on Amazon.

Christine "Ceanothus" Kudija
PCT partially '94

www.pcta.org
Join Now!

Ceanothus (see-ah-no-thus) or California lilac:  Shrubs or small trees,
often with divaricate, sometimes spiny, twigs...[flowers] small but showy,
white to blue or purplish, sometimes lavender or pinkish, borne in terminal
or lateral panicles or umbellike cymes.
                                                               Philip A.
Munz
                                                               A California