[pct-l] Klamath NF fire restrictions

AsABat asabat at cox.net
Mon Jul 30 23:19:37 CDT 2007

This came up a year or two ago. I don't think we ever got a real answer,
except maybe one forest that specifically banned stoves that did not
have a shutoff valve, effectively banning most of our alcohol stoves.
Some individuals were of the opinion that the term "gas" was used
generically to mean liquid fuel since those who wrote the rules probably
aren't very familiar with Pepsi can stoves and therefore alcohol was ok.
("Jellied petroleum" (Sterno) IMO can be as dangerous as alcohol in
wind.) Many decided they would do what they wanted with extra care
including not using a stove during high winds. YMMV.

AsABat

>        1. Persons with a permit from the Forest Service specifically
>           authorizing the otherwise prohibited act or omission.
*Persons