[pct-l] conditions report,

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Thu Jul 26 19:48:27 CDT 2007

I was thinking about doing a short trip up and back from the road end
campground there. I am very sensitive to poison oak and often get burned
even when there is no noticeable (to me) poison oak. So seems like I
should find another trail.
~~~~~~~
The first 7 or so miles from Grider CG are much cleaner than the upper 7
miles. I think you are somewhat local, and I have found the Grider PCT
section a great winter hiking trail.  However, I don't think you'll find
much PO on trail in the first 7 miles, or so to the third bridge going sobo.
After the 3rd bridge, it begins it's climb up to Big Ridge. But if unseen PO
is a threat,  it's still in the area.  Consider keeping this one on your
list..