[pct-l] Disapointed in Switchback

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sat Jul 21 18:38:23 CDT 2007

SWITCHBACK,  I'M DISAPPOINTED  IN YOU!!!
Don't you like girls anymore?
Have you always suffered from this male chauvinistic anti female mentality
or is this a more recent problem?
These could be the early symptoms of a condition known in medical circles as
''MORONIC DISORDER'' usually the result of to many nights at high altitude,
resulting in oxygen deprivation, which in turn causes brain cells to die.
Very frequently associated with long distance hiking and death defying
expeditions to extreme elevations like Mt. Whitney & Mt. Humphrey.
Can be life threatening if left untreated...........seek medical treatment
immediately!!!
Not all individuals are effected the same way by oxygen deprivation......I
have been very blessed........although I have spend countless ours at high
elevation and climbed several Fourteeners, including Mt. Whitney at least 15
times, I do not yet, suffer from any ''Moronic Disorder'' symptoms and still
like girls and enjoy their company.

As a matter of fact, I think we need more good looking ''Hiker Chicks'' on
the trail....heaven knows we have enough homely looking ''Hiker Dudes'' on
the trail.

I'm kind of old fashioned.....I like to treat my women right, pamper them
and spoil them, you know,......open the door for them, set up their tent,
light their stove, carry some of their gear to lighten their pack, help them
across river crossings and have them throw their arms around me,
gaze at me with their heavenly eyes and ''puuurrr'' into my ear  ''Reinhold
you are the greatest, you are my hero.''
Did you ever feel that way Switchback?

Switchback wrote............Actually, I left off any women on this fully
supported PCT thru-hike....