[pct-l] Northern Ca. Fire near Yreka/Seiad Valley, and hiker updates.

LumberJack themtgoat at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 18 02:06:42 CDT 2007

I left Yreka (now Yesterday) and the smoke cleared as I passed the California Boarder.Cresent City is clear of smoke, but I did't go to Siead Valley for work reasons. I talked to A couple of hikers today. They said that they had to deal with smoke for the last couple of days in the Siead Valley area. Locals at Yreka thought the fire was between Yreka and Siead Valley. It was to hard to get to for the firefighters, so they are letting it burn until it gets to places that they can fight it.

swamie from Australia  just left Ashland today. Also with him is re-run and detour.

One hiker told me that:
tattoo joe-past thru 3-4 days ago, and was reported to be well on his way to breaking squeaky's record. Apparently hiking 40 miles a day. Consistently.

Captain America. T-minus also have passed thru Ashland.

Also, Ziggybean got to Castela today.
-Lumberjack-