[pct-l] the year the PCT burned up, or burned down

David Hough on pct-l pcnst2001 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 10 08:04:17 CDT 2007

As I try to find some unfinished PCT section to work
on... the entire Northwest is sawing its way out from
rather heavy blowdown from last winter (100 trees/mile
in places according to one report here)...

the San Bernardino (and all other SoCal) national
forests
are about to burst into flames if anybody looks at
them funny...

the High Sierra is burning   (I don't ever remember
60 miles of 395 closing due to fire)

leaving P-Q-R which I hoped to start this weekend or
next week - if they survive the next 24 hours of
blazing temperatures followed by thunderstorms
(see http://www.wunderground.com/US/CA/seiad_valley )

And it's a long time to November.