[pct-l] The ''Legent''

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Tue Jul 10 05:21:22 CDT 2007

Switchback's reputation as one of the great  ''Extreme  Endurance Athlete''
of our time is growing and he is becoming a ''Legend.
His name & fame is being commercialized and he is becoming a household name.
Deems has a pack with the name ''SWITCHBACK''  boldly embroided.
Today, at Big Five, I looked at a pair of hiking shoes by Coleman, boldly
displaying the name ''SWITCHBACK''.

                Switchback, I can see it now......You come strutting down
the trail with military precision carrying a pack with  ''SWITCHBACK''
embroided for all to see, wearing hiking shoes distinctively displaying the
word ''SWITCHBACK'' and a flag flying over your head clearly
labeled ''Switchback the pirate''.
Hard-core hikers will step aside and bow as you strut by and hiker chicks
will fall to their knees
and brush the dust of your shoes.
I will bow in your presence and forever worship the ground you walk on.

JMT Reinhold
Your humbled trail companion