[pct-l] Inyo Complex fire

Matt Maxon matt at mattmaxon.com
Sat Jul 7 18:32:16 CDT 2007

asabat at 4jeffrey.net wrote:
> Road to Onion Valley closed. 395 now open.

 From the information I have seen, mostly MODIS fire detections, which I
have found to be of limited usefulness. The trail doesn't "appear" to be
affected directly by the fire at this time.

I have no doubt smoke is a problem and there is plenty of anxiety in the
backcountry.

It looks like the wind is an east wind so the fire and smoke is blowing
toward the Sierra Crest.

There are 2 large areas of MODIS detections one west of Independence,
the somewhat smaller second smaller  detection Southwest of Big Pine.

A PDF "Inyo Complex MODIS 7-7-07" is available here PLEASE right click
and save as
http://mattmaxon.homeip.net/data/Fire%20Perimters/2007/Inyo%20Complex/

PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH FIRE OUT THERE

Trail90