[pct-l] About how many thru hikers per year

Steve Fosdick hikin_steve at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 5 11:33:56 CDT 2007

Does anyone have an educated guess? I've heard that most travel north.

  I'm preparing for my trip in 2008, and I've been telling a lot of people that I'm going to do this. That way, it will be much easier for me to just do the hike than to go back and tell all those people that I changed my mind and decided not to go.

  So far, I can't seem to find ANYONE that wants to go with me, so I'll do it solo. That would lead to another important question ... of the _____ hikers that thru hike each year, about how many go solo? I always tell people that you are never really "alone" much because of all the other hikers out there.

  One person said, "And besides, you'll have your cell phone with you!" I just smiles and laughed on the inside. You'll never see him on the trail, that's for sure!

  Hikin_Steve