[pct-l] Keeping a VERY skinny guy warm in SoCAL

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 11:00:41 CST 2007

I don't quite get it either Craig

Maybe it's wrong, but it was taught by Outward Bound.  I've heard it other
places in the last 20 years too.  I was suprised.  My logic said it would
act like a hot water bottle inside a person.

Also here's some advise from a website I found in a search.  Not a doctor
though.

http://www.capitaliron.net/camping_advice.html

"Try to urinate before going to bed as your body will not have to spend the
energy required to keep all that liquid warm. "
I guess urine maintains a steady temperature.
It's good to know my urine won't freeze at night like my plumbing did a
couple weeks ago.  Although it wouldn't take 100 feet of repipe, it would be
a lot more painful.............. and the plumbing bill....

Another reason, as included in the Sierra Club's Wilderness Basics Course
and other sources, is that the irritation of having to urinate can keep a
person awake.

Warner Springs Monty