[pct-l] Scale Accuracy

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Jan 6 21:39:23 CST 2007

Pieces - _pbaily at webuniverse.net_ (mailto:pbaily at webuniverse.net)   writes:

Okay,  but the real question is: With 28.35 grams per ounce, how does a scale
weigh  to one gram accuracy, but only to one ounce accuracy?  No peace for
Switchback,

How did I get to be the gram weenie  expert on this List?  I say the scale
probably rounds to the  nearest one gram somehow.  You also wanted to know what
the difference  was between a ZipLock type bag with and without the slider to
close it.  In  other words, a bag that you just press together versus a slider
bag.  I  don't know, since I do not use press together bags.   But..........

Three quart ziplock bags weigh = 17  grams or .6 ounces.
Three gallon ziplock bags weigh =  31 grams or 1.1 ounces.

EVERYONE ON THIS LIST ARE BUSTING  MY CHOPS ON THIS STUFF!

Switchback the Trail  Pirate