[pct-l] Super Light Fuel Tablet/Alcohol Stove & New Socks

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Thu Jan 25 20:00:41 CST 2007

_edfaubert at yahoo.com_ (mailto:edfaubert at yahoo.com)  writes:

Remember this is the stove my buddy had in  the canyon at xmas and  it was no
good, would not boil water even at home. It sits to close to the pot
bottom.........Meadow

-----------------------
Now I remember that you said it was  questionable stove product.  Good thing
I did not say it was a SuperSecret  of Backpacking.  Another reason to be
cookless on the trail.  Save  weight and no stove problems.

Speaking of SuperSecrets, I have a  candidate, but it is not an official
SuperSecret yet.  I have to test it  out more.  We have to remember SuperSecrets
are platinum information for  the trail for the professional backpacker.

The new item is MediPeds socks.  You get them at mean old  Walmart.  They are
for diabetics,  but anyone can use them and they  are inexpensive.  They are
43% cotton, 29% CoolMax, and 26% polyester (plus  some minor nylon/spandex).
See medipeds.com.

I suspect some of you will be interested in their line of  Vassarette
Hosiery.  And I am not just  talking about the women out there either!  I HAVE MY
SUSPICIONS about  some of you supposedly rough tough gnarly mountainman  hikers.

Switchback the Birthday Boy