[pct-l] Dry winter in Sierra

goslowgofar goslowgofar at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 24 14:52:17 CST 2007

As a Sierra resident, I'd have to agree - except I also remember thinking last year around the end of February that we'd made it "home free" through the winter (as far as shoveling out the sidewalks and vehicles, etc.) And of course, that wasn't the case!  I had snow in the yard into late May at 4600'. Remember it is only January and a lot can happen.  I'm still waiting to get in some good xc skiing and snowshoeing...
  Katy

Jeffrey Olson <jolson at olc.edu> wrote:

It's too early of course to predict, but I'm starting to open my
summer's plan to include the possibility of starting my section hike
from Castle Crags to Seiad in mid- June rather than mid-July. If you
run Google EArth, and download current data on precipitation and snow
water content for the West,
(http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/snotel/earth/index.html) or check the
postholer.com website, you'll see the levels throughout California are
really low.

This year may be a NOBOs delight! No predictions though...

Jeff, just Jeff...