[pct-l] Pay Phones

Roy roy_hiking at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 24 00:23:31 CST 2007

I have noticed over the last few years, hiking on the A.T.,
when I would get to a spot where a pay phone was listed in a trail guide
it had been removed.  I asked one store owner and was told the he had
to pay to have the phone at his location and no money was being made
from it so he had it removed.
      Also a thru-hiker last year on the AT, trail name "Will Call",
who was calling his wife at every phone found pay phones missing.
      I only have a cell phone and I will be paying for it while I am
hiking so.
      Will there be pay phones at most stopping points(towns, camps,
etc.)?
      Will I have any coverage on the trail or in trail towns?

                                        Take Care, Hike Safe, and Give Back to the Outdoors

  Roy (aka Bayou)
   (Wanted "Hiking Partner")
  Trail Journal PCT 2007 @ http://www.trailjournals.com/bayou/

    Hiking Page @ http://geocities.com/roy_hiking/