[pct-l] Pocketmail

gwtmp01 at mac.com gwtmp01 at mac.com
Mon Jan 22 13:46:57 CST 2007

On Jan 22, 2007, at 1:26 PM, Ken Powers wrote:
> Actually Pocketmail works with analog phones.

Maybe I wasn't clear.  This is exactly the reason why I would
recommend Pocket Mail.  It works with plain old phone service
and pretty much *every* trail town has a phone.  The PocketMail
service is based on an 1-800 phone number so you don't have
to worry about adding to a trail angel's phone bill if you
use their phone while using your PocketMail device.

Yes, it will also work with cell phones that have been put
into an analog mode but I certainly wasn't suggesting that you
carry PocketMail *and* a cell phone. I was trying to point
out a blackberry/PDA type device would depend on having a
cell/wireless signal and that was much less likely in trail
towns than being able to find a plain old phone on which to
place your 1-800 call for the PocketMail device.

Gary Wright (Radar)