[pct-l] Campo Start Options

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 18:53:43 CST 2007

> Interesting you should say that.  We heard numerous reports of people
> being bothered (as in really annoyed) by the Minute Men last year, but in
> 10 years of hosting, no one has ever mentioned an unfavorable incident
> with immigrants from Mexico.
>
> L-Rod

I had lunch with a couple of illegals just south of Mt Laguna.  Just like
when Nobo's and Sobo's meet we shared trail info, had a few laughs then
hiked on.  They needed water....................... desparately.

A little south of there I met eleven illegals banded
together........................................ with plastic bands and a
proud, smiling immagration officer holding on to them like a stringer of
fish.  When I asked if I could take their picture they eagerly jumped up and
posed with great big smiles.  We also had very friendly interactions
including the immagration officer.
One said they had been without water for two days.  This was at the cutoff
to Cibbets.

Both groups had also been without food.
This was a very dry and hot year.

Warner Springs Monty