[pct-l] Magnifier with Light

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Fri Jan 12 03:08:53 CST 2007

Here is an idea that might be a  little nutty, but I find very useful on the
trail.  My eyes are not what  they used to be even with glasses.  Sometimes at
night in the tent looking  at maps or other items, I need some extra help.

I got at my local drug store a  credit card size magnifier with a built in
light.  It is called the Owl  Optical Wallet Light.  It weighs 12g or .4 ounces.
 Go to  ww.walletowl.com.  It costs $10, which I think is expensive, but it
works well and is very easy to use.  I would guess it costs 8-10 cents  to
make in China.

Anyway, just an idea for some of  you who need some help with reading.  For
some reason in the tent at night  my eyes seem to work less well.  I guess it
is all the napping I do.   :-)

Switchback the Horse and  People Trader
Grand Canyon Expedition Member