[pct-l] hiking poles

Mike Saenz msaenz at mve-architects.com
Wed Jan 10 13:56:13 CST 2007

Mine are the lowest priced adjustables that REI sell. I think they were
something like $75 on sale.

My only gripe: they're a tad "tinny" and when I hit rock with them, they
make a louder noise than just about any poles I've seen/heard on a
trail.

My hiking buddy always knows when I'm coming up from behind by hearing
my poles click-clacking along the trail!

The locking mechanism is starting to slip on them by now. I'll take them
back to REI for a free tune-up, and if that doesn't fix `em, I'll be
looking at a better pair. Perhaps the Leki's but I haven't really
researched it yet.