[pct-l] Keeping a VERY skinny guy warm in SoCAL

Stephanie Wilson taurodea at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 13:01:01 CST 2007

On 1/9/07, Will Hiltz <will.hiltz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Adding on to Radar here-- I'm not sure exactly the name for this effect, but
> I've been told also that HOLDING a nalgene with hot water will actually warm
> you up.  For some reason the body is able to very effectively transfer heat
> to your core that is absorbed through the palms of your hands (and,
> probably, the soles of your feet as well).  This is why people instinctively
> hold out their hands to a fire when they're cold.  FWIW.  Frankly, a warm
> hat should do the trick.

If I just can't get warm, I get very warm water on my wrists for a few
minutes and I warm up all over. I can literally feel the warmth
radiating through my arms and feet and legs, and I stay extremely warm
for a while after doing that. My doc told me about that, years ago. It
definitely works.

Steph
PCT 07