[pct-l] Walmart Scooters for the PCT

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Jan 7 13:36:04 CST 2007

I was down at my local SuperStore  today.  I noticed a new vendor in the
store with a nice space along the  wall behind the registers.  They sell medical
supplies.

One of their product lines was  Pride Scooters, the "End-To-End" solutions.
I like the Hurricane  model.  It comes in candy apple red or viper blue with a
400 pound  capacity.  It goes up to 9 MPH and has a deluxe reclining
high-back with  sliders and headrest seat.  It would look even better with some pirate
 pennant flags flying high from the side rails.

I am going to get one for the  upcoming Grand Canyon expedition.  If it works
out, then I will have it  down at the April Kickoff for some PCT riding.
Notice I did not say  hiking.  Between my new gram scale and the scooter's 400
pound capacity,  I am letting my imagination run wild on my new gear set up for
the 2007  campaign.

It would be neat to come around a  corner on the trail and spray dust, duff,
and sand on unsuspecting  backpackers.  Then take off before they could do
anything, except wave  their fists in the air.  "Switchback, you  scoundrel!"
"Switchback, you trouble maker!"  "Switchback, wait  until I catch you at the
next trailtown!"  "Paybacks Switchback.   Paybacks!!!  I'll bust more than your
chops when I catch you!"   Cool.

Since I am a disabled veteran, I  bet I am allowed to use it on the trail.
No problem.  Ambushes of  pack trains will now be much easier.

Thank you for your attention, Switchback the Scooter  Pirate