[pct-l] MEXICAN WATER

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Mon Jan 1 17:57:36 CST 2007

Ooohhh,  what an awful morning this has been.
Last night I took Point North's advice to formulate dehydrated ''MEXICAN
WATER'' in a Montezuma's Revenge flavor, and wanting to start the New Year
right, fully hydrated, I did a lot of sampling to assure I did not enter the
New Year dehydrated.
To make a long story short this sampling went on until the wee hrs. of the
morning and now I have this awful headache.
This is all your fault Switchback, you started this dehydrated water tread.
My wife is mad at me because I'm not good company to our guest.
She says stay away from Switchback, he is nothing but trouble.
So there Switchback, are you satisfied now?
I have been thinking about this side effect, and the more I think about it
the more I am inclined to think that this dehydrated ''MEXICAN WATER'' may
be the answer to ultra light backpacking and dehydration.
It seems to me that I read somewhere hikers sometimes get dehydrated without
knowing it.
This would never happen with ''MEXICAN WATER''.
You simply drink a pint in the morning to alleviate the hang over, I mean
the withdrawal symptoms, and then drink another pint every time the
withdrawal symptoms reappear.
This way you never get dehydrated because ''MEXICAN WATER'' lets you know
when it's time for another pint.
Think about it ......''dehydrated water''.....just ad water to the powder
and you have instant
''MEXICAN WATER'' in 3 flavors.......Tequila, Margarita, and Montezuma's
Revenge.

JMT Reinhold
Your dehydrated water advocate and trail companion