[pct-l] The girls from France and...Snow...Snow...Snow

Georgi Heitman bobbnweav at citlink.net
Thu Feb 22 19:29:09 CST 2007

Donna, You may be hearing from Stomp aka Dominique Jacques, who hiked last year.  He's from Racine, Quebec.  Sounds as tho he won't need to give too much advise, but perhaps since he did the trail so recently, there might be questions he can answer.  Since the girls are headed for Lassen, and since most of Drakesbad's help comes from overseas, I'm betting that is the final destination for these young ladies.  Drakesbad's season should begin by June 7, or so, according to my last conversation with Billie, weather permitting.  If that is the case, they will probably need to be on the mountain by June 1.  All you members of the Class of '07 just may have a chance to meet them yet.
As I write, it's snowing hard here on the eastern (dry) slope of the back of beyond.  That's what it's been doing most of the day, and the accumulation looks to be roughly 1 1/2 feet thus far.  While this is to be the worst day, we should get some snow daily til at least thru Wednesday, which is as far ahead as NOAA will predict.  The % of chance falls off drastically after  Sunday, but still, this is the most we've had all winter, and I'm sooo jazzed!  Predictions are that this coming summer will be hotter than last, that's not good to hear under any circumstances, but especially if it's a low-snow winter.  Help me pray for more, please!  And that it doesn't wait til Easter morning for it all to come.
Georgi
 T.A., Old Station, CA