[pct-l] Shuttles to/from Kennedy Meadows

jeff.singewald at comcast.net jeff.singewald at comcast.net
Mon Feb 19 09:50:42 CST 2007

Bob,

One thing to keep in mind with regards to KM.  The locals drive down to Ridgecrest on a weekly basis for shopping.  All of KM operates on diesel generators and therefore most people don't keep large supplies of frozen and/or refrigerator-required supplies as most have smaller refrigerators.  The community is incredibly nice up there and you should have no problems connecting with a local heading to town if you are willing to hang for a day or two at most.   In early June of last year I hung at KM for 4-5 days while I waited for two of my hiking companions and thoroughly enjoyed my time at KM.  Almost every day, one of the locals would stop my the general store to see if any hikers needed a lift into town.

By the way, if you spend more than a day at KM, the one CAN'T MISS agenda item, is breakfast at Irelan's.  Jerry and his family have run this "in-home" dining establishment for 20+ years and it is definitely one of my trail highlights.  Actually, three of them as I ate there on three consecutive mornings.  Ah, the memories!

Elevator

From: "Bob Bankhead" <wandering_bob at comcast.net>