[pct-l] Google Earth

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Thu Feb 15 20:53:07 CST 2007

I just want to join in with  everyone else and say how neat Google Earth is.
I have not hiked into the  Grand Canyon before.  I went on Google Earth and
did the Bright Angel Trail  down into the canyon and on to Phantom Ranch.

What a great way to get a sense of  a trail and the major landmarks.  The 3-D
function works great.  This  is a neat planning tool.

Now I am not as scared as I was  before about hiking the south rim area
starting Saturday and then into the  canyon on Tuesday.  You do not want to scare
the Trail Pirate with too many  unknowns, do you???

Your pal, Switchback the Trail  Pirate