[pct-l] swimming holes

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 13:39:37 CST 2007

> I don't recall anything between Silverwood Lake and the High Sierras
> that you could actually get into,

2005, a high water year, I found a creek deep enough between Tehachapi and
Walker Pass.
 It runs along the trail and the spot is right on the trail.

Oregon northbound, Hyatt Lake, Howard Prarie, Fish Lake. Lots of Lakes in
the Old Pct Sky Lakes Wilderness Alternate. Just plain lots of Lakes going
north.
Stuart Falls on an alternate 6 miles south of Crater Lake is an awsome
primative horse camp.
Crater Lake has showers, laundry and they take resupply packages at the
store next to the campground.

Diamond Lake Alternate is a lot better for water conditions and includes a
great Pizza place toward the south end of the lake, but Thielson Creek will
work for a cleanup on the main route.
There's lots of  lakes after this.

Elk Lake. Does Shelter Cove still take resupply packages?  And Olalllie
Lake?

There's Lakes near the trail near the Government Camp trailhead.  I don't
remember much after this northbound.  As you near Cascade Locks there's more
water.  I took the Eagle Creek Alternate my only time there.

Warner Springs Monty

Warner Springs Monty