[pct-l] Light Weight Bivy

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Fri Feb 9 03:32:46 CST 2007

WarnerSpringsMonty writes:

_http://www.backcountrygear.com/catalog/bivydetail.cfm/EQ3000_
(http://www.backcountrygear.com/catalog/bivydetail.cfm/EQ3000)
This  is my ground cloth........................................... plus a
lot  more.
This forum is getting a little too kinky for me.  Yes, I buy a queen  size
bed for my gear when I go on expeditions, but that is where I draw the  line.
We sleep in separate beds.  Wait a minute, Monty probably  did not mean what I
first thought.  Sorry Monty ...... I think.

Any way, I guess I am going to have to get a super light bivy like the good
old 6.5 ounce Equinox bivy.  It might be better than my super  light silk
liner that I use as an overbag.  Then I can be like everyone  else and be one of
the boys again.  Hold it.  I would rather get the  new
MountainLaurelDesigns.com 5.0 ounce LiteSoul Bivy (in extra long and  wide with a bug net).  Then I
can say I have something better and  lighter than they have.  I will have
bragging rights down at the April  Kickoff and will be able to bust their chops with
my new bivy.  This is too  cool.

Let's see is it worth $280 vs. $51  to do this?  To save 1.5 ounces.  It is
very tempting.  I will  have to think about this.  May be I should just stay
with my good old silk  liner as an overbag.  Yes, that is what I will do.  I
will just stay  the way I am now.  I like the sound and idea of having down and
silk all  around me out on the trail.  Now who is getting kinky?

Thank you for your attention and  patience in this matter.

Switchback the Kinky Hiker