[pct-l] Gaiters on the PCT?

jeff.singewald at comcast.net jeff.singewald at comcast.net
Wed Feb 7 08:58:25 CST 2007

Speaking of gaiters;

without a doubt my gaiters were one of the most important pieces of equipment I brought last year on the PCT.  No affliation, but I have got to give a shout out to Dirty Girl Gaiters (www.dirtygirlgaiters.com).  These are extremely lightweight gaiters that provide superb protection from all things sticky and small that might find their way into your shoes, especially in the early sections of the hike!  In addition, for those of you that don't want to leave style at home, DGG offers their product in a variety of way-cool patterns and colors.

I happened to b hiking just south of Snoqualmie Pass on my thru last year and found myself in the middle of the Cascade Crest Ultramarathon of which 40+ miles is run on the PCT.  I've gotta tell you, nearly every runner was wearing these types of gaiters!

Anyhow, go ahead and try getting Dirty (Girl Gaiters) that is!

Elevator

From: "Tom Simon" <tomsimon at cogeco.ca>