[pct-l] NunatakUSA Bag Report

Bill Batchelor billbatch at cox.net
Tue Feb 6 19:29:49 CST 2007

True with some exceptions.  The Jardine quilt was a completely unique
approach.  The toe-box and then open approach was certainly all Jardine.
Their product is not an evolution, it's a replication for sure.  Adding a
baffle to a sleeping bag is an evolution.  Adding a clothes line or a
see-through window to a dome tent is an evolution.  Duplicating a unique
design just strikes me as something a bit more blatant.  Some things are not
allowed to be filed under intellectual property laws.  Sewing designs and
recipes are such items.  However, I'd contend that there are many things
that even if they do not fall under the law, are still ethically suspect.
Call me old-fashioned.