[pct-l] Walking back through WA after successful thru-hike?

Patrick Beggan meta474 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 22:10:30 CST 2007

Say I didn't want to deal with getting to Vancouver, then Seattle from
Vancouver? What if I just wanted to turn around and hike back a ways
into Washington (a few hundred miles) and get off somewhere there,
taking a single, shorter transport method to Seattle (I live in
Bremerton, WA). Is this possible? What's the first trail town (or town
somewhat close to the trail) in Washington that has good transport
options to get to Seattle?

I was also thinking of heading back south and finding a way to get to
Rainier and hooking over to that after having completed the PCT...

I just don't like the idea of all that Vancouver bus action... I hear
nothing but bad things from my friends (who occasionally visit
Vancouver) about the bus station there. Also, I hate cities and would
like to avoid them as much as possible, even if it means walking a few
hundred more miles (hey, I like walking, right? Why else do the
PCT?)

Anyone have any ideas?