[pct-l] hiking POLE

cvano at tmail.com cvano at tmail.com
Sun Dec 30 10:06:39 CST 2007

I have Black Diamond poles, and they have never collapsed even a
little.  I've put some significant stress on them too.  I'm 250 lbs with
pack and have put my full weight on them several times.  The quick lock
doesn't vibrate loose like the twist locks do.  They have the foam below
the grips but that seems unnecessary.  You have to get your hands out of
the straps to use it.  Also, I tried the ones with the angled grips and
hand specific models.  Again, I couldn't tell the differance.  I strap
the umbrella on my pack.  Eating on the run is a problem, so I do it at
breaks.  I stop about once an hour, get off the trail, smoke and eat.  I
usually take my pack off every other break.  C