[pct-l] water caches

David Hough on pct-l pcnst2001 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 30 09:42:28 CST 2007

One thing to consider as a water cache user is to
return
to the scene before or after and replace an equal
amount
or more.     That's easier if you are a section hiker.

But it's best to observe the system first.    I
thoughtlessly distributed bottles of water at random
places in my first year as a section hiker.     THEN I
observed that there was a system in place that
depended
on, among other things, larger bottles with handles
that
could be tied together when empty to avoid blowing
away.

Anybody planning to attend ADZ has an opportunity to
help stock the San Felipe cache I think.