[pct-l] Whitney Permits

Robert W. Freed robert at engravingpros.com
Wed Dec 26 13:32:12 CST 2007

  I have had Rangers tell me no special permit is needed to do Whitney from the west side. In fact he wouldn't even issue me one when I told him I wouldn't be hiking down to Whitney Portal. I was standing there with $15 in my grubby little hands and he said "don't worry about it."
    Of course technically you need one, but I guess the traffic is so lite from the other side of the hill they do not enforce it.
    Now if you are hiking up from or down to the Portal it is a totally different story. They even want you to pee in a bag now.

  Robert