[pct-l] desert hiking in a long polyester skirt

Marion Davison mardav at charter.net
Mon Dec 24 15:24:36 CST 2007

I would be concerned with the wait-a-minute bushes.  Nearly
every plant in the desert and chaparral habitats (namely
most of SO CAL) is prickly and thorny and grabs your clothes
as you walk by.  So I wear long baggy pants to protect my
legs from scratches and ticks.  I think a flimsy skirt would
be constantly grabbed by the plants and it would get really
annoying in about a mile.  Take it from a hippy girl who has
spent a lot of her life walking around in floor length skirts.
Marion