[pct-l] Velcro Tape

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Tue Dec 18 08:37:10 CST 2007

_Tortoise73 at charter.net_ (mailto:Tortoise73 at charter.net)  writes:  Put  a big
rock on top of you stake to hold it in the ground. or lay the
stake on  the ground and put the rock in front or on the stake to hold it in
place. This  will even work if your tent is on solid rock.  Also one could tie
the guy  line to a branch and then put the rock on it.  About the only added
weight  is if you make your guy lines a little longer to allow for these
methods.
Switchback replies: Yes, I have tried all these over the years.  For  some
reason I find the Velcro works a lot better in all situations to reinforce  the
shelter stake.  I don't know, may be I am doing it wrong.  If I  could be
guaranteed that I could get the stake deep in the ground, then I would  not need
the Velcro back up.