[pct-l] Snowshoes and the JMT

cvano at tmail.com cvano at tmail.com
Sat Dec 15 10:58:39 CST 2007

So, having had a 'close encounter of the cold kind' I'm seriously
considering the need for snowshoes.  I like winter hiking and am still
planing a JMT in late July.  Doc says the frostbite should be all better
by then.  What are your thoughts for carrying 4 lbs of snowshoes for the
JMT in late July-early August?  Also, I walked out 2 weeks ago on black
MSR shoes, this being my only experience with any snowshoes, I guess
they worked pretty well.  I don't know what kind they were other than
MSR.  I'm around 250 lbs with gear.  I looked at about a zillion kinds
the other day at REI and am more confused now than ever.  What are you
thoughts about brands, styles, price etc?  Thanks
It's not the Mountain that we conquer,
but Ourselves.  Anon.

Chris ~ S/V Drifter
Anacortes, WA. ~~~_/) ~~~