[pct-l] NBs' -lightweight shoes and Sandals

RJ Lewis karmagurl at rainierconnect.com
Fri Dec 14 16:07:45 CST 2007

I've heard of folks hiking in sandals....both Birkenstocks and in
Chacos.....I myself have hit the trails, with just a daypack, in Birks.
You actually get used to ditching rocks and the like from your sandals
mid stride, especially if you don't have a strap on the back of your
sandals. I would suppose even with straps on your sandals, it's like
anything else, one gets used to dealing with them. I surely wouldn't
count on sandals for support though, if I was carrying a significant
load on my back though, except perhaps in an emergency, or perhaps as a
change up to air my feet out for a bit. Just my opinion of course.