[pct-l] NBs' and other lightweight shoes

JoAnn jomike at cot.net
Thu Dec 13 12:40:57 CST 2007

10 lb packs. While I don't want lead weights attached to my feet, I do
want stability and a good foundation under me. I'll carry the extra
weight of water sandals, and take the time to swap em at stream
crossings if I need to. After all , it's MY hike, right?

HYOH!! ;)

Well stated. To me the point is there really is something out on the trail known as free choice. Our UL friends know what works for them; not for everyone.

Personally, I've been hiking in running shoes for a year or two, and have no plans at present to change. And yet, if I did go back to a very light weight boot, I'd rather not be treated as a second class citizen!   :)