[pct-l] Holiday Backpacker Gifts

Home jeffreyn at sonic.net
Thu Dec 13 09:35:56 CST 2007

I know, I know, it's little things like flashlight size and extra clothing
(just to consider light and warmth) that keep my base weight in the double
digits - albeit very low double digits.  What's the expression, "mind the
ounces and the pounds will take care of themselves"?

It's so hard to give up the beauty of machined aluminum and shiny enamel,
like on my Mini-MagLight, though it's sure got its performance trade-offs
(long beam, variable beam, battery life, bulb life, weight)

It's so hard to give up that huge light spread from the Petzl, though it's
not nearly so classy as the Mini and, like you say, there's that weight
thing.

Boys and their toys; it must be a genetic thing with us. ...

--
Jeffrey "57" Zimmerman
Sonoma County