[pct-l] San Diego Sierra Club Wilderness Basics Course

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 17:55:44 CST 2007

http://www.sandiego.sierraclub.org/wbc/

San Diego and San Diego North County Wilderness Basics Course (a lot more than basics) Starts in one month.

I took this course last winter. It made my last thru-hike better and safer for me and a few others.  (I used the stuff)
Met a buch of neat hikers I'm still in contact with and sometimes hike with now.

Weather predicting, map and compass work, first aid, gear, gear, and safety, safety, safety and more.
Includes 10 classes on Tuesday nights and 4 outings including mountain, desert, and SNOW backpacks.  Also includes two textbooks http://tinyurl.com/2tkcnn  and a good basic compass.
Instructors are experts and authors (they also wrote these books)................. and a lot of fun too............ All volunteer.

Real expensive:  :0)
$100.00     San Diego North County (I'll be there)
or
$125.00 Main Chapter San Diego  (here too, a little)

For the duration of the course you also get discounts at A-16, Nomad Ventures, and all REI's in San Diego County.
You can ask me questions especially relating this to thru-hiking montytam at gmail.com
but the real info people wanting calls are:
North County   Jeff   760.728.8220
San Diego       Lana 858.467.5074

Monty Tam-Volunteer