[pct-l] Birthday Announcement

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Tue Dec 11 11:43:00 CST 2007

Mark your calendars.  I will be celebrating my 61st birthday in  2008.  Again
the celebration will be over along the Eastern Sierras in  January.  This is
becoming one of the premiere events in  backpackerdom.  Just like
Meadow/CanyonEd's birthday ruck at Kennedy  Meadows in June.

It will be at Jack's Restaurant in Bishop on Saturday, January 26 at 8  AM.
Shopping and goof off will be the order of the day, along with a  visit to the
South Lake area as snow permits.  Very beautiful views of the  mighty Sierras
close up.

We will be in Lone Pine at the Dow Motel on Friday too.  Plan  to eat at the
Merry-Go-Round for dinner that night if you want.  Visits to  Whitney Portal
if snow permits and of course goofing off.

No presents please - I got embarrassed last year.  Just your continued  good
wishes and support along the trail is enough.

I thank you.

Switchback the Birthday Boy