[pct-l] San Diego housing and transport

Mann bmann1 at san.rr.com
Mon Dec 10 17:37:39 CST 2007

My husband Barney (Scout) and I (Frodo) live in San Diego and have hosted
hikers the past two seasons.  We are mentioned in the latest version of
Yogi's guide.  We were notified by Yogi and the ADZPCTKO planners that Bob
Reiss will not be in town this spring, so we are prepared to try to fill his
enormous shoes.

We thru-hiked the trail this past season, and you can check us out at
trailjournals.com if you want to make sure we're people you'd like to stay
with.  (Actually, this is a blatant plug for our journal site, as we know
thru-hikers aren't too picky.)

We have a large home and yard (at least by San Diego standards) and can
accommodate many hikers at one time.  We are willing to pick you up at the
airport/train station/bus terminal, put you up for a night or two, help you
with last-minute supplies (the REI is nearby and two grocery stores are
within walking distance), then take you to the border.  We even look forward
to cooking for a crowd, though we may put you to work!

We have reservations for a couple of hikers so far, and hikers are welcome
to contact us now, by email.  We look forward to getting to know many of
this year's crop of thru-hikers!

-Sandy Mann